ActivePresenter can output a presentation in the following file formats: Audio Video Interleave (.AVI), Windows Media Video (.WMV), and MPEG4 (.MP4). YouTube will accept any of these file types, but will require that the resolution be 720p (1280×720) or higher before it will be available as YouTube HD (high definition). You can read more about the requirements from this YouTube help article.
Export the presentation to MPEG4
Do the following to export your presentation as MPEG4 in preparation for upload to YouTube:
- Open ActivePresenter.
- Capture a new project, or open an existing project*.
- Click Export – Video (AVI, WMV, MPEG4).
- Click Browse, click Save as type, change to MPEG4 video, and then click Save.
- Verify that the name is correct under Output file and click OK.
* Capture full-screen with desktop resolution 1280×720, or capture an application at 1280×720.
Upload and view the video on YouTube
Upload the output file as normal to YouTube. Once YouTube has processed the video completely you will be able to click the red HD icon in the lower right corner to view the high definition version of your video online. Click the image below to see a live example of ActivePresenter output on YouTube.
- Free screen capture and recorder software can output AVI, Windows Media Video (W...
- Full screen capture and convert to Adobe Macromedia Flash Video (FLV) or Shockwa...
- Screen capturing software converts Microsoft PowerPoint (PPT/PPTX) to Adobe Macr...
- ActivePresenter can package SCORM compliant content from Flash output
- Full screen capture and convert to Adobe Flash Video (FLV) or Shockwave (SWF)