This is EULA for SoftMaker Office 2018. This page is subject to change, always read up to date EULA which is part of a software installation.
SOFTWARE LICENSE AND WARRANTY
Read this agreement carefully. If you do not agree to its terms, abort the installation by clicking the Cancel button.
The software which accompanies this license agreement (the “Software”) is the property of SoftMaker Software GmbH (“SoftMaker”) or its licensors and is protected by copyright law. While SoftMaker continues to own the Software, you will have certain rights to use the Software after your acceptance of this license agreement. Except as may be modified by a license addendum which accompanies this license agreement, the following is agreed upon between you and SoftMaker:
A. Non-commercial user: A licensee who is a natural person and does not use the Software for for-profit purposes.
B. Commercial user: A licensee who is not a natural person and/or uses the Software for for-profit purposes.
GRANT OF RIGHTS TO NON-COMMERCIAL USERS
If you are a non-commercial user, you and members of your family may install and use one license of the Software on up to 5 (five) computers simultaneously, so long as all of these computers belong to the same household.
GRANT OF RIGHTS TO COMMERCIAL USERS
If you are a commercial user, your rights and obligations are as follows:
1. Each license may only be installed and used on one computer.
2. Every user of that computer may use the Software, but only 1 (one) user at any given time.
3. Secondary use right: The single primary user of that computer is additionally entitled to use the Software on a portable computer.
All users have the right to:
1. Make a reasonable number of backup copies for archive purposes, so long as the backup copies are not distributed; and
2. Transfer the Software on a permanent basis to another person or entity, provided that you retain no copies of the Software and the transferee agrees to the terms of this agreement;
YOU MAY NOT:
1. Make copies of the accompanying documentation;
2. Sublicense, rent or lease any portion of the Software or accompanying documentation; or
3. Reverse-engineer, decompile, dissassemble, modify, translate, make any attempt to discover the source code of the Software, or create derivative works of the software.
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, SOFTMAKER DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND ALL SUCH WARRANTIES ARE EXPRESSLY AND SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMED. NEITHER SOFTMAKER NOR ANYONE ELSE WHO HAS BEEN INVOLVED IN THE CREATION, PRODUCTION, OR DELIVERY OF THIS SOFTWARE SHALL BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE SUCH SOFTWARE EVEN IF SOFTMAKER HAS BEEN ADVISED OF POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES OR CLAIMS. IN NO EVENT SHALL SOFTMAKER’S LIABILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES EVER EXCEED THE PRICE PAID FOR LICENSE TO USE THE SOFTWARE, REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF QUALITY AND PERFORMANCE OF THE SOFTWARE. THE PERSON USING THE SOFTWARE BEARS ALL RISK AS TO THE QUALITY AND PERFORMANCE OF THE SOFTWARE.
This Agreement is the complete statement of the Agreement between the parties on the subject matter, and merges and supersedes all other or prior understandings, purchase orders, agreements and arrangements. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Federal Republic of Germany. Exclusive jurisdiction and venue for all matters relating to this Agreement shall be in courts located in the City of Nürnberg, Germany, and you consent to such jurisdiction and venue, thereby excluding the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods and any legislation implementing such Convention, if otherwise applicable.
If any provision of this Agreement is declared by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, illegal, or unenforceable, such a provision shall be severed from the Agreement and the other provisions shall remain in full force and effect.
All rights of any kind in the Software which are not expressly granted in this License are entirely and exclusively reserved to and by SoftMaker.