When installing an older version of Print2PDF you may receive the error: Error code 80040154. Class not registered. This issue does not occur in the latest version (as of this writing is 8.0.09.0917).
This error usually indicates a permissions problem in the registry. The easiest way to correct this is to simply install the Print2PDF software as a local administrator for the machine, or you may have to edit the permissions on the registry key in question. Do as follows:
- Click Start – Run – type Regedit in the run box, and press Enter.
- Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Environments\
- Right click each sub-key (Windows NT, Windows NT x86, Windows x64) in the left pane, then select Permissions.
- Ensure that the System account has Full Control for each one.
- Click OK to save this, and close Regedit.
- Reboot your computer before attempting to install again.
- Print2PDF version 8.0.08.1007 has been released
- Print2PDF version 8.0.08.1124 has been released
- Print2PDF 8.0.09.1028 has been released
- Print2PDF 9.1.11.0421 has been released
- Print2PDF 9.5.12.0907 has been released