Starting with a Window Vista and Internet Explorer 7 (IE7), Microsoft turned on by default a Protected mode. As important as Protected Mode is, it has been known to cause problems in printing. Depending on how you choose to print, you may receive an error message, or the Extended Save as dialog may simply not appear. To correct this issue, you will need to disable Protected Mode in your IE browser. Follow this instruction to do it:
- In Internet Explorer, click Tools, then Internet options.
- Click the Security tab.
- Click to remove the checkmark from the Enable Protected Mode checkbox.
- Click OK to save your settings. You will receive a dialog saying that “The current security settings will put your computer at risk”. Click OK to clear this message.
- Restart Internet Explorer.
This issue only occurs in Internet Explorer, you should be able to print using an alternative browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or the Opera Browser without any difficulty. Above tip applies to IE7, IE8, IE9, IE10, IE11 and Windows VISTA /7/8/10. If you use PDF Impress Watcher to convert .html or .htm, turn off Protected Mode in IE.
Learn more about PDF Impress, visit the product page.
- Use less paper, print anything to PDF Impress and ‘Save as PDF’
- Easily print to PDF using the PDF Impress printer driver
- How to create an ISO standard PDF archive for long term storage with PDF Impress
- Use PDF Impress to send an Adobe PDF securely using Google Gmail TLS SMTP
- Enable fast web view to optimize your PDF files for Internet distribution
Tags: convert html, htm watcher, html watcher, IE, IE does not print, Internet Explored does not print, Internet Explorer, issue, PDF Impress, print, print2pdf, printer, problem, Protected mode, trouble, unable to print, unable to print preview, unable to view
disable print dialog in internet explorer 10 (1), IE11 printing with protected mode (1), internet explorer pdf printer (1), intranet menu for printing (1), print2pdf internet explorer print problem (1)