PDF Impress is an easy-to-use PDF printer that includes an integrated SMTP client. This allows you to create an Adobe PDF from any application that can print and automatically attach the PDF to an e-mail. Google’s Gmail service requires TLS encryption on their SMTP server which runs on port 587. This article will explain how to setup PDF Impress to send PDF output securely using Gmail.
Print to the PDF Impress printer
Do the following to print any document to the PDF Impress printer:
- Open the document.
- Click File – Print.
- Select the PDF Impress printer.
- Click Print.
Send via Gmail TLS SMTP
Google Gmail requires specific settings to accept SMTP e-mail. Do the following:
- From the PDF Impress Extended Save As dialog, click the “+” .
- Add E-mail task.
- For Method, select Send directly to SMTP server.
- In the From field enter your Gmail account (e.g. email@example.com).
- Enter the address you wish to the message to in the To field (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org).
- The Subject and Body can contain whatever you wish.
- For Server type smtp.gmail.com.
- For Port type 587.
- Enter your Gmail login and password.
- For Security, select TLS.
- Now click Save to save your PDF document and automatically email it as well.
Note: E-mail task can be added to any profile. This way all created PDF files with such profile will be automatically send to a pre setup email. This can be used in Workroom, Convert to PDF batch conversion or watcher. PDF Impress will allow sending each individual PDF in separate email or attach all files to the one email.
Download PDF Impress trial here.
- How to convert invoice or quote into PDF and email it directly through Outlook
- Archive and convert Google Gmail e-mail and attachments to Adobe PDF through SSL...
- How to automate PDF printing, converting and archiving
- Create a self-signed digital certificate (ID) using Adobe Reader for use with PD...
- Add an electronic digital ID and signature stamp image to an Adobe Acrobat PDF u...
Tags: bcc, body, built in smtp client, cc, E-mail task, environment variables, from, gmail, Google mail, login, PDF Impress, port, print2pdf, security, send PDF by email, server, smtp, ssl, Subject, TLS, to, variable
pdf email (1), pdf mail (1), smtp gmail (1)