Got some content that you want to allow others to see, but not edit or print? PDF Impress supports two levels of document password protection and three levels of documents encryption. A password can be used to protect the document when it is opened, preventing unauthorized access. Another, separately defined password can control any changes made to the document, preventing unauthorized changes. You can distribute a PDF with confidence, knowing that unauthorized access and unauthorized changes will not occur without your consent.
With PDF Impress, documents can be secured with various user permissions, so when you publish documents to the web you can be assured that anyone opening the document will not be able to extract information from.
Following encryption is supported by PDF Impress:
- Encryption level: Select an algorithm you want to use. By this you also choose the compatibility with specific versions of Adobe Acrobat.
- 40-bit Encryption – compatible with Acrobat 3.x and above. It provides the lowest level of security.
- 128-bit RC4 encryption – compatible with Acrobat 5.0 and later. It provides a fair level of security.
- 128-bit AES encryption – compatible with Acrobat 7.0 and later. It provides an AES encryption algorithm (It’s more secure than older RC4).
- 256-bit AES encryption – compatible with Acrobat 9.0 and later. It offers the highest level of security known in PDF.
- Password required to open document: Anyone that wants to open (read) the document must know this password.
- Password required to change permissions and passwords: Anyone who wants to change the document passwords or document permissions must know this password.
Following PDF Document permissions are supported by PDF Impress:
- Allow printing. Enable this permission to allow the document to be printed.
- Allow changing the document. Enable this permission to allow users to make changes.
- Allow content copying or extraction. Enable this permission to allow users to copy text, graphics and enable the accessibility interface.
- Allow adding or changing comments. Enable this permission to allow users to change comments.
- Allow form field fill-in. Enable this permission to allow user to fill in form fields.
- Allow content accessibility. Enable this permission to allow user to enable the accessibility interface.
- Allow document assembly. Enable this permission to allow user to extract, insert pages.
- Allow high resolution printing. Enable this permission to allow the document to be printed in high resolution.
Note: PDF permissions, passwords and encryption can be setup by adding “Security” task to your profile. If you need to add it to the PDF file which was already created, open it in PDF Tools and click on “Security” icon.
- Kingsoft Writer can secure a Word document (.DOC) with strong 128-bit RC4 encryp...
- PDF Impress 2014.62.01.192 has been released
- Scan your documents and images into a secure PDF file
- How to manipulate PDF files with PDF Impress using stamp, watermark, split, dele...
- Encrypt PowerPoint (.PPT) presentations with 128-bit RC4 password protection