PDF files can contain metadata, which provides additional information such as its title, author, subject and keywords. This can be used to possible copyright restrictions, adding keywords, which are not part of the document content, add catalog and author information to simplify document search or insertion into content management system. PDF Impress allows adding PDF metadata during the conversion process by adding Document Information task or editing already created PDF file in PDF tools. Batch process metadata is supported through Watcher or through Convert to PDF folder in PDF Impress.
Follow these steps to edit PDF metadata in your PDF document:
- Launch the PDF Impress application.
- Click on Tools.
- Click on Load document icon and browse to the PDF document.
- Click on Document Information icon.
- Fill up information in Title, Author, Subject and Keywords fields*.
- Click Apply task and save document.
PDF document information is metadata that can be used to effectively search and organize PDF documents. Search engines commonly use metadata to effectively index a document.
- Title: Enter the title of this document.
- Author: Enter the author’s name.
- Subject: Enter the subject this document is about.
- Keywords: Enter the keywords for this document.
Note: Applied changes are not visible in a preview pane, but are applied in a saved PDF document. Open the document in your default PDF viewer to see your new metadata.
Learn more and download trial of PDF Impress 2013 here.
- Use Kingsoft Office to convert a Microsoft Word document (RTF/DOC/DOCX) to PDF w...
- How to edit PDF files with PDF Impress using stamp, watermark, split, delete, me...
- How to rotate pages in PDF document using PDF Impress
- Kingsoft Spreadsheets can convert a Microsoft Excel workbook (XLS/XLSX/CSV/DBF) ...