PDF/A is a file format for the long-term archiving of electronic documents. It is based on the PDF Reference Version 1.4 from Adobe Systems Inc. (implemented in Adobe Acrobat 5) and is defined by ISO 19005-1:2005, an ISO Standard that was published on October 1, 2005.
PDF Impress can create an ISO standard 19005-1:2005 PDF/A-1 archive from any application that can print, through Workroom or Convert to PDF folder, right click in Windows Explorer or in Watchers. PDF Impress also includes already preset PDF profile called Archive which can be used as is.
Print to the PDF Impress printer to create PDF file in PDF/ A-1 archive format.
Do the following to print any document to the PDF Impress printer:
- Open the document.
- Click File – Print.
- Select the PDF Impress.
- Click Print.
- In Extended Save As Dialog put checkmark on PDF/A-1b.
- Click Save.
You can add support for PDF/A-1 on demand anytime you create PDF file in your Extended Save as dialog using any PDF profile, or if you prefer to create only PDF/A-1, then simply use Archive profile which already have PDF/A-1 turn on in step 5. Default profile used for Quick convert can define in Settings.
More information and free trial of PDF Impress can be accessed here.
- Enable fast web view to optimize your PDF files for Internet distribution
- Use PDF Impress to send an Adobe PDF securely using Google Gmail TLS SMTP
- BinaryNow launches PDF Impress 10 to help businesses to create, edit and sign PD...
- How to automate PDF printing, converting and archiving
- Drag and drop to PDF with PDF Impress 2013