PDF/A is a file format for the long-term archiving of electronic documents. It is based on the PDF Reference Version 1.4 from Adobe Systems Inc. (implemented in Adobe Acrobat 5) and is defined by ISO 19005-1:2005, an ISO Standard that was published on October 1, 2005.
Print2PDF can create an ISO standard 19005-1:2005 PDF archive from any application that can print. Output can either be PDF/A-1a or PDF/A-1b, depending on the compatibility level you desire.
Print to the Print2PDF Printer
Print the document to the Print2PDF printer. Follow these steps:
- Open a document you wish to convert to PDF archive.
- Print (File - Print) the document to the Print2PDF printer.
Choose PDF/A Output
This will open the normal Save As dialog. Do the following to easily create PDF/A output:
- Enter a file name for the output PDF.
- Select the profile Archive (PDF/A-1a).
- Click Save.
- Print2PDF can embed document-level file attachments into Adobe PDF
- Add a digital text watermark with page numbers to a document using Print2PDF
- Archive and convert Google Gmail e-mail and attachments to Adobe PDF through SSL...
- Using Print2PDF from Microsoft Word Starter 2010 without macro support
- How to reduce PDF file size with Print2PDF