PDF Impress will allow you to add Facebook share button(s) inside your PDF documents, so readers could effortlessly share it with their Facebook friends by clicking a button inside PDF file same way as they used to do on the web site. You can also add multiple share buttons with a different web content to share if desired.
Follow these steps to add share button to your PDF document:
- Launch the PDF Impress Tools application (build #132 or higher).
- Click on Load document icon and browse to the PDF document.
- Click on Stamp icon.
- Click on Create button and pick Add social media.
- Pick the theme which matches your style (Circled, Rounded, Squared, Sticky or White).
- Pick the Facebook icon from menu.
- Type in Hyperlink to the location where your PDF file will be posted. (e.g. The URL should consist of the URL https://www.facebook.com/sharer/sharer.php?u= followed by the URL of your landing page. For example the URL for PDF Impress the landing page which links to a whitepaper in PDF is: https://www.facebook.com/sharer/sharer.php?u=http://www.binarynow.com/products/pdf-impress/
- For placement choose Manually place stamp.
- Use the mouse and drag the Twitter icon exactly at the desired location.
- Click on Apply task and save document icon on bottom right.
- Upload PDF into location mentioned in share (e.g. link it from http://www.binarynow.com/products/pdf-impress/).
Note : Share hyperlink has 2 parts. The first part is static https://www.facebook.com/sharer/sharer.php?u= and the second part which is variable will change with each share you want to create. In this part use the URL to the web pages which links to your PDF document. Facebook will automatically load the page description and image from your site and allow user to add their comments when they share the content. If your web site is too long you can use URL shortener (e.g. https://bitly.com/ or http://tinyurl.com/).
Download PDF Impress trial here.
- How to add Google Plus share button into PDF document
- How to add Linkedin share button into PDF document
- How to add Twitter retweet buttons into PDF document
- How to add Pinterest Pin it button into PDF document
- How to add social media buttons with links into PDF documents