There are many ways to create a self-signed digital signature certificate (also called a digital ID), but PDF Impress provides the easiest way to generate and automatically store it in the Windows Certificate Store so it can be used with its signing function. Read below to see how this work.
Generate a Self-signed Certificate from PDF Impress 2013
- Launch PDF Impress 2013.
- Click on Profiles then double click on Any Profile icon ( e.g. Standard)
- Click on Add task and add Digital Signature task.
- Click on create self-signed digital ID here.
- Enter your information. When you sign a document, this will appear in the Signatures panel.
- Click OK to generate and store the Certificate.
- Certificate will be automatically imported into open Digital Signature task.
Generate a Self-signed Certificate from Adobe Reader X
Do the following to generate a self-signed key with Adobe Reader:
- Launch Adobe Reader.
- Click on Edit then Protection and after click on Security Settings.
- Expand Digital IDs on the left and then click the Add ID button.
- Select A new digital ID I want to create now, and click Next.
- Select Windows Certificate Store, and click Next.
- Enter your information, when you sign a document, this will appear in the Signatures panel.
- Select 1024-bit RSA from the Key Algorithm option (it is the most compatible).
- Select Digital Signatures and Data Encryption from the Use Digital ID for option.
- Click Finish to generate and store the ID.
Re-use the Self-signed Certificate with PDF Impress
After you generate the self-signed key, you can use it with PDF Impress. Do the following:
- Add the Digital Signature task to any Profile.
- Click Select… in Select Certificate and choose your Digital ID from the list, then click OK.
- Certificate will be imported into task.
- Fill the rest of the fields and click Back to main window icon to store task.
Note: Self Signed Digital Certificates use “blank” for password. It provides the same level of document tamper-resistance as paid certificate. However since this certificate is self-signed it does not provide signer identity verification through third party CA.
- Multiple digital signatures in PDF can be used to approve expense reports for em...
- Add an electronic digital ID and signature stamp image to an Adobe Acrobat PDF u...
- Customize digital ID or signature appearance in PDF document
- PDF Impress 2013.11.29.022 has been released
- Batch stamp Adobe PDF files with a digital image (BMP/JPG/TIFF) signature on any...