Follow these steps to clean your PDF document:
- Launch the PDF Impress Tools application.
- Click on Load document icon and browse to the PDF document.
- Click on Optimization icon.
- Unselect the elements you do not want to remove*.
- Click Apply task and save document**.
*By selecting following checkboxes you will define what elements of the PDF document will be removed.
- Compress page content. A page description (page content) can be stored in plain or in compressed form. Files with compressed page content are smaller in size but might be a little slower to process.
- Remove all bookmarks. Bookmarks are used for easier navigation through a PDF file. Removing bookmarks removes this easier navigation from the PDF file.
- Remove all attachments. Attachments will usually significantly increase the size of your PDF document and can also be a potential security threat.
- Remove annotations. Select all or only the specific types of annotations you want to remove from the PDF document.
**Note: Applied changes are not visible in a preview pane, but are applied in a saved PDF document. Open the document in Adobe Reader.
Learn more and download trial of PDF Impress here:
- PDF Impress can embed document-level file attachments into Adobe PDF
- How to edit PDF files with PDF Impress using stamp, watermark, split, delete, me...
- How to extract multiple pages from PDF file with PDF Impress
- How to delete pages from PDF files with PDF Impress
- Preserve table of contents (TOC), bookmarks and hyperlinks by converting Microso...