PDF Impress will allow you to add Pinterest Pin it button(s) inside your PDF documents, so readers could effortlessly pin it on their Pinterest board by clicking a button inside PDF file same way as they used to do on the web site. You can also add multiple Pin it buttons with a different images and links to share if desired.
Follow these steps to add Pin it button to your PDF document:
- Launch the PDF Impress Tools application (build #132 or higher).
- Click on Load document icon and browse to the PDF document.
- Click on Stamp icon.
- Click on Create button and pick Add social media.
- Pick the theme which matches your style (Circled, Rounded, Squared, Sticky or White).
- Pick the Pinterest icon from menu.
- Type in Hyperlink to the location where your PDF file will be posted. (e.g. The URL should consist of the URL http://pinterest.com/pin/create/bookmarklet/?media= followed by the URL of an image, your PDF location and description. Click to see example the URL for PDF Impress image and PDF Impress white paper files.)
- For placement choose Manually place stamp.
- Use the mouse and drag the Pinterest icon exactly at the desired location.
- Click on Apply task and save document icon on bottom right.
- Upload PDF into location mentioned in hyperlink in step 7.
Note : Pin it hyperlink has 2 parts. The first part is static http://pinterest.com/pin/create/bookmarklet/?media= and the second part which is variable will change with each pin it button you want to create. In this part use the URL to the image you want to pin to your Pinterest Board, URL to the PDF document and text description. If you want to create a hashtag place the sign %23 before a word. If your web site is too long you can use URL shortener (e.g. https://bitly.com/ or http://tinyurl.com/).
Download PDF Impress trial here.
- How to add Linkedin share button into PDF document
- How to add Google Plus share button into PDF document
- How to add Facebook share button into PDF document
- How to add Twitter retweet buttons into PDF document
- How to add social media buttons with links into PDF documents