PDF Impress will allow you to add LinkedIn share button(s) inside your PDF documents, so readers could effortlessly share it with their LinkedIn connections by clicking a button inside PDF file same way as they used to do on the web site. You can also add multiple share buttons with a different web content to share if desired.
Follow these steps to add share button to your PDF document:
- Launch the PDF Impress Tools application (build #132 or higher).
- Click on Load document icon and browse to the PDF document.
- Click on Stamp icon.
- Click on Create button and pick Add social media.
- Pick the theme which matches your style (Circled, Rounded, Squared, Sticky or White).
- Pick the LinkedIn icon from menu.
- Type in Hyperlink to the location where your PDF file will be posted. (e.g. The URL should consist of the URL http://www.linkedin.com/cws/share?url= followed by the URL of your landing page. For example the URL for PDF Impress the landing page which links to a whitepaper in PDF is: http://www.linkedin.com/cws/share?url=http://www.binarynow.com/products/pdf-impress/
- For placement choose Manually place stamp.
- Use the mouse and drag the Linkedin icon exactly at the desired location.
- Click on Apply task and save document icon on bottom right.
- Upload PDF into location mentioned in share (e.g. link it from http://www.binarynow.com/products/pdf-impress/).
Note : Share hyperlink has 2 parts. The first part is static http://www.linkedin.com/cws/share?url= and the second part which is variable will change with each share you want to create. In this part use the URL to the web pages which links to your PDF document. LinkedIn will automatically load the page description and the image from your site and allow user to add their comments when they share the content with LinkedIn updates, connections, groups and Twitter. If your web site is too long you can use URL shortener (e.g. https://bitly.com/ or http://tinyurl.com/).
Download PDF Impress trial here.
- How to add Google Plus share button into PDF document
- How to add Facebook share button into PDF document
- How to add Pinterest Pin it button into PDF document
- How to add Twitter retweet buttons into PDF document
- Visit PDF Impress on LinkedIn Showcase Page
Tags: add social media, button, facebook, google, google plus, icon, like us on facebook, link, linkedin, PDF Impress, pinterest, print2pdf, retweet, share, sharing, socializing PDF, stamp, stamp with hyperlink, twitter