PureSurf Desktop is parental control software for Microsoft Windows that allows you to define what categories of content are NOT allowed on your computer. One of the included 14 categories is Social Networking. This category includes sites like Facebook, MySpace and many others. Read more to see how easy it is to block these kinds of sites on your computer.
Configure PureSurf Desktop Preferences
Do the following to block access to Social Networking sites:
- Right-click the PureSurf Desktop green check mark icon in your system tray.
- Click Preferences.
- Enter the Administrator Password you used during installation.
- Click the Web Filters tab.
- Enable the Social Networking category under the section Allow all sites except.
- Click Apply to save the changes.
Test Access to Facebook and MySpace
Now that the PureSurf Desktop software is configured to block access to social network sites, open your web browser and test access, by trying to go directly the website (e.g. facebook.com or myspace.com). If everything is setup properly you will see the following block message in your web browser (see screenshot below).
NOTE: PureSurf Desktop works on the Winsock level so all web browsers are supported (e.g. Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, etc.).
- Block adult content, filter Internet chat rooms, and 13 other website categories
- Block access to Google Talk, ICQ, and AOL Instant Messenger (AIM)
- How to block anonymizers, anonymous proxies and TOR proxy software
- Like us on Facebook and receive $10 OFF your next software purchase
- BinaryNow Facebook page improved with Timeline and better user interaction
how to block social networking sites on computer (426), how to block facebook in google chrome (149), how to block facebook on google chrome (146), block facebook access (99), How to block social networking sites (81)