Parental control software is worthless if it can be easily bypassed. Anonymizers, anonymous proxies and TOR proxy software are all ways to bypass access control systems. PureSurf Desktop is configured to block access to these types of sites to further reinforce your control on the Internet connection. You can learn more about this from Wikipedia (click anonymizing proxy server or Tor anonymity network).
Configure PureSurf Desktop Advanced Filter Settings
Do the following to change the Advanced Filter Settings:
- Right-click the PureSurf Desktop green check mark icon in your system tray.
- Click Preferences.
- Enter the Administrator Password you used during installation.
- Click the Settings… button at the bottom.
- Click the Filter Settings button on the left.
- Make sure the options Block Proxies and Anonymizers and Block Tor Software are enabled.
- Click OK to save the changes.
- Block access to Google Talk, ICQ, and AOL Instant Messenger (AIM)
- Block adult content, filter Internet chat rooms, and 13 other website categories
- How to block Facebook, MySpace and other social networks on your computer
- Software to restrict computer Internet access time for children and kids
- Force Windows 7 to always show the PureSurf Desktop notification area icon