When you install PureSurf Desktop on Windows 7, using the default operating system settings, the notification area icon will sometimes not be shown. Have no fear, you can force Windows to always show the system tray icon so you make sure that your Internet access policy is enforced on your children.
Customize the Notification Area Icons
Do the following to change how Windows displays the PureSurf Desktop notification icon:
- Click Start, then Control Panel.
- Depending on which view you have your Control Panel in, (Category view) Click Appearance, then click Customize icons on the taskbar; or (Icon view) Click Notification Area Icons.
- Find PureSurf Desktop in the list (cfgmng32.exe) and set the Behaviors to Show icon and notifications.
- Click OK to save the changes.
- How to uninstall PureSurf Desktop (PureSight) using the “Forgot Administra...
- BinaryNow announces PureSurf Desktop 6.2, affordable parental control and monito...
- How to block Facebook, MySpace and other social networks on your computer
- Block access to Google Talk, ICQ, and AOL Instant Messenger (AIM)
- Block adult content, filter Internet chat rooms, and 13 other website categories
show icon and notifications windows 7 (10), Force Windows to show a system tray icon (6), PureSurf (4), windows 7 show icon and notifications (4), windows 7 forced desktop (3)