Do you know what your children are saying over instant messages, or what private information (e.g. phone number, home address) they are letting out? Easily block all access to Instant Messaging services with this simple Windows software. PureSurf Desktop includes the ability block access to the following IM services: Yahoo! Messenger, Windows Messenger, Google Talk, ICQ, and AOL Instant Messenger (AIM).
Configure PureSurf Desktop to Block IM Access
Do the following to configure PureSurf Desktop to block all instant message traffic:
- Right-click the PureSurf Desktop green check mark icon in your system tray.
- Click Preferences.
- Enter the Administrator Password you used during installation.
- Click the Applications Filter tab.
- Makes sure the option Block Instant Messaging is enabled..
- Click the IM List button.
- Click the Block All button, and then click OK.
- Click Apply to save the changes.
- How to block anonymizers, anonymous proxies and TOR proxy software
- How to block Facebook, MySpace and other social networks on your computer
- Block adult content, filter Internet chat rooms, and 13 other website categories
- How to uninstall PureSurf Desktop (PureSight) using the “Forgot Administra...
- Force Windows 7 to always show the PureSurf Desktop notification area icon