Kingsoft Office 2009 can convert any Microsoft Word 2000/XP/2003/2007 document (RTF, DOC and DOCX) into an Adobe PDF file preserving the metadata, hyperlinks and table of contents. The native PDF export function allows you to specify what parts of the document you wish to export to PDF along with the correct level hierarchy using bookmarks.
Microsoft Word document with a table of contents
Open an existing document with a table of contents or create a new document from scratch. Label your bookmark headings with the styles Heading 1, Heading 2, Heading 3, etc. To insert a table of contents in a document, do the following:
- Navigate to where you want the table of contents (TOC) to appear.
- Click Insert – Reference – Table of Contents.
- Once the Table of Contents dialog opens, click OK.
- Now click the Export to PDF button on the toolbar.
Convert document to PDF using the PDF Export function
Once the PDF Export process begins you will have many options to choose from. Do the following to easily create an Adobe PDF with a table of contents:
- Change the file name as you see fit.
- Click the More button and make sure the following options are enabled: Summary information (metadata), Hyperlink and Convert title styles to bookmarks.
- Click OK to begin conversion.
- Click Open File to open the file in Adobe Reader.
View the PDF document in Adobe Reader
When you view the converted document in Adobe Reader you will see that the bookmarks were created based on the table of contents in the Microsoft Word document. You can click the bookmarks from the bookmark tab on the left or from the physical table of contents page of the document. Kingsoft Office can convert the following items:
- Metadata (title, author, subject, keywords)
- Footnotes and endnotes
- Table of Contents
- Other styles
- Preserve table of contents (TOC), bookmarks and hyperlinks by converting Microso...
- Convert Microsoft Word (.DOC, .DOCX, .RTF) to Adobe PDF with reviewer notes, ann...
- Kingsoft Spreadsheets can convert a Microsoft Excel workbook (XLS/XLSX/CSV/DBF) ...
- How to make Microsoft Word (RTF/DOC/DOCX) file size smaller using Adobe PDF conv...
- Kingsoft Office 2009 Professional document compatibility with Microsoft