SoftMaker Office 2018 for Windows rev 966.0704 is available through automatic updates. Pricing starts at $59.95 for Standard Edition. This update is free for all previous SoftMaker Office 2018 users. SoftMaker Office 2016 or older, Kingsoft Office, BinaryNow Office, OfficeSuite or 602PC SUITE users qualify for an upgrade discount. The list of new feature additions and bug fixes in 966 and 965 are as follows:
- Dragon NaturallySpeaking is compatible with all SoftMaker Office applications when running in ribbon mode.
- Icons in user-defined ribbon tabs keep their label.
- Added user warning for cases when a firewall or anti-virus software blocks access to licensing server.
- Fixed crashes caused by merging table cells in TextMaker.
- Fixed issues with editing table cells in headers.
- Significantly improved RTF import filter.
- Added a new version of Duden Korrektor with improved German spell checking and grammar checking.
- User fields such as name and address are now preserved in DOCX format.
- Improved automatic capitalization: When a paragraph ends with a comma (“Dear Sir,”), the first character in the next paragraph is no longer automatically changed to uppercase.
- Tabs work as separators in text files used for mail merges.
- Fixed issues with duplicating records in the database window.
- New rows appended to tables now inherit the formatting from the row above.
- The ODT import filter imports hyphenation settings from ODT files.
- The RTF export function saves paper-tray settings.
- Fixed the issues when sorting tables included the header.
- Added The Kina of Papua New Guinea currency.
- Cells with dates are displayed correctly in the Pivot table field list in the sidebar.
- Fix the problems with the string functions MID, LEFT, RIGHT and SPACE in the 64-bit version.
- The status bar of the BasicMaker editor now shows the correct column number in lines with tabs.
By default, SoftMaker Office 2018 for Windows keeps itself up-to-date by automatically downloading service packs. If you have not installed the automatic update tool or simply want to know if your version of SoftMaker Office is current, you can also check for updates manually.
Start one of its applications, click on the “?” icon in the ribbon and choose the command Check for updates. If you are running SoftMaker Office in classic mode with menus, choose the command Help > Check for updates.
Learn more and download trial of SoftMaker Office here.
- SoftMaker Office 2018 rev 970.0826 has been released
- SoftMaker Office 2018 rev 962.0418 has been released
- SoftMaker Office 2018 rev 946.0211 has been released
- SoftMaker Office 2018 rev 960.0408 (Anniversary Update) has been released
- SoftMaker Office 2018 rev 944.1211 has been released
Tags: 965, 966, anniversary update, Anniversary Update for SoftMaker Office 2018, changelog, list of changes, release, release notes, revision, revision 966, service pack, service pack 965, service pack 966, servicepacks, softmaker, SoftMaker Office, SoftMaker Office 2018, SoftMaker Office upgrades, update, upgrade