SoftMaker Office 2018 for Windows rev 962.0418 is available through automatic updates. Pricing starts at $59.95 for Standard Edition. This update is free for all previous SoftMaker Office 2018 users. SoftMaker Office 2016 or older, Kingsoft Office, BinaryNow Office, OfficeSuite or 602PC SUITE users qualify for an upgrade discount. The list of new feature additions and bug fixes are as follows:
- Fixed the issue when a service pack installation was interrupted because Windows decided to reboot to install some system updates. An incomplete SoftMaker Office installation remained and could not be repaired by running the service pack installer again.
- It is now possible to use old (pre-Anniversary Update) toolbar files again. Copy the toolbar files in the Documents\SoftMaker\Settings folder according to the following (tmw18tools.dat-> tmw18ntools.dat, pmw18tools.dat->pmw18ntools.dat, prw18tools.dat->prw18ntools.dat). By doing such you will overwrite the new, more logically arranged toolbars and any customizations you have already made to them. Consider making a backup before replacing these files.
- Fixed the program crashes caused by purging a database.
- The database viewer that appears when you choose a document template with an attached database now remembers if you previously used list or form view.
- Fixed a character set for database when you choose a document template with an attached DBF database.
- When you use a DBF database with DOS character set, it is now opened with code page 850 instead of 437, allowing use of accented characters of most Western European languages.
- Changing what the AutoFilter displays, updates the online calculation in the status bar.
- Added several improvements to the ODS import filter.
- Added support for protected cell access to BasicMaker script.
By default, SoftMaker Office 2018 for Windows keeps itself up-to-date by automatically downloading service packs. If you have not installed the automatic update tool or simply want to know if your version of SoftMaker Office is current, you can also check for updates manually.
Start one of its applications, click on the “?” icon in the ribbon and choose the command Check for updates. If you are running SoftMaker Office in classic mode with menus, choose the command Help > Check for updates.
Learn more and download trial of SoftMaker Office here.
- SoftMaker Office 2018 rev 970.0826 has been released
- SoftMaker Office 2018 rev 946.0211 has been released
- SoftMaker Office 2018 rev 966.0704 has been released
- SoftMaker Office 2018 rev 944.1211 has been released
- SoftMaker Office 2018 rev 960.0408 (Anniversary Update) has been released
Tags: 942, 944, 960, 962, 962.0418, anniversary update, Anniversary Update for SoftMaker Office 2018, auto update, changelog, list of changes, release, release notes, revision 962, revisions, service pack, service pack 962, servicepacks, SoftMaker Office, SoftMaker Office 2018, SOftmaker Office Professional, Softmaker Office Standard, SoftMaker Office upgrades, updates