SoftMaker Office 2018 for Windows rev 960.0408 (Anniversary Update) is available through automatic updates. Pricing starts at $59.95 for Standard Edition. This update is free for all previous SoftMaker Office 2018 users. SoftMaker Office 2016 or older, Kingsoft Office, BinaryNow Office, OfficeSuite or 602PC SUITE users qualify for an upgrade discount. The list of new feature additions and bug fixes are as follows:
- TextMaker, PlanMaker and Presentations are now compatible with Microsoft Word 2019, Excel 2019 and PowerPoint 2019 file formats.
- The format brush can now be used with the keyboard shortcuts: Select text, press Ctrl+Shift+C to copy the formatting, select the destination and press Ctrl+Shift+V to paste the formatting.
- You can scan pages and images using WIA, not only TWAIN. This lets SoftMaker Office work with more scanners, and scanning now also works in the 64-bit version.
- Scanning of multiple pages in one step using WIA scanner driver is supported, individual pages/slides are created by TextMaker/Presentation and multiple images are placed one over the other in PlanMaker.
- TextMaker, PlanMaker and Presentations classic menus includes new toolbars with more logical arrangement.
- The dropdown element Insert | Character has been updated to offer additional typographic characters.
- Added a new command ? | Support to send customer inquiries directly from SoftMaker Office.
- Users no longer need an e-mail program to send crash reports because SoftMaker Office now sends them directly.
- For an improved compatibility with Microsoft Office, you can apply negative cropping to pictures.
- You can now switch between ribbon tabs using the shortcuts Ctrl+F12 and Ctrl+Shift+F12.
- Entering any Unicode character with the key combination Alt+nnnn is supported now (For example, press Alt+8364 to enter the Euro sign.)
- Many user-interface translations have been updated, and a Polish user interface was added.
- French typographic rules is supported now: With French text, quotation marks, question marks, exclamation points, colons and semicolons are automatically padded with non-breaking spaces.
- In the Print dialog box, the list of printers is sorted alphabetically.
- Added new database module with features such as viewing CSV files.
- Duden Korrektor has been updated to version 3.4 with improved grammar and spell checking for German language.
- Added printing selected text only options.
- Added saving charts as image files.
- Due to a popular demand, text frames and AutoShapes are no longer inserted instantly. Instead, a mouse cursor appears that lets user size the new object before it is created. This new default behavior can be changed in File | Options.
- The command View | Set zoom offers an additional zooming option, “Fit text to window“.
- Clicking on the language name in the status bar lets you change the language of the selected text.
- Users can now edit fields and calculations by double-clicking on them.
- Added an option Skip numbering in numbering lists.
- Users can quickly change settings for tracked changes and comments by using the triangle icon in the bottom right of the Changes and Comments sections of the ribbon tab Review.
- Added two field types into Insert | Field: “Page count in chapter” and “Actual page count in chapter“.
- A compatibility flags can now be quickly set to specific word processing programs in File | Properties | Compatibility.
- Table styles are now fully saved in DOCX and TMDX formats.
- Better smart quotes in German: a single apostrophe at the start of a word is turned into a single quotation mark at the bottom.
- French: an apostrophe inside a word is no longer converted to a › sign.
- To open a hyperlink, use Ctrl+click instead of a simple click. If you let the mouse hover over a hyperlink, a tooltip gives the URL.
- PlanMaker now supports the option Precision as displayed which continues calculations with the visible precision of cells. If cell A1 contains 3.33 but is only shown with one digits (3.3), then 3*A1 will be 9.9 and not 9.99.
- Added new command Insert copied cells that moves existing cells or rows down to make room for the pasted content.
- Improved AutoFilter function: hierarchical grouping of dates, more options for the Numbers filter, new Date and Text filters.
- Added experimental import filter for OpenDocument Calc files.
- Added nearly 50 calculation functions (mainly in statistics group).
- Users can now search for line breaks in the Search dialog box.
- Added Excel “behavior” for negative base number (e.g. -2^2 is executed like (-2)^2, not like -(2^2)).
- Updated manuals and help files that describe pivot tables and the new calculation functions.
- Added saving charts as image files.
- Adding support for formatting text in multiple columns.
By default, SoftMaker Office 2018 for Windows keeps itself up-to-date by automatically downloading service packs. If you have not installed the automatic update tool or simply want to know if your version of SoftMaker Office is current, you can also check for updates manually.
Start one of its applications, click on the “?” icon in the ribbon and choose the command Check for updates. If you are running SoftMaker Office in classic mode with menus, choose the command Help > Check for updates.
Learn more and download trial of SoftMaker Office here.
- SoftMaker Office 2018 rev 946.0211 has been released
- SoftMaker Office 2018 rev 944.1211 has been released
- SoftMaker Office 2018 rev 938.1002 has been released
- SoftMaker Office 2018 rev 931.0518 has been released
- SoftMaker Office 2018 rev 933.0620 has been released
Tags: 942, 944, 946, 960, 960.0408, anniversary update, auto update, changelog, list of changes, release, release notes, revision 960, service pack, service pack 960, servicepacks, SoftMaker Office, SoftMaker Office 2018, SOftmaker Office Professional, Softmaker Office Standard, upgrade