SoftMaker Office 2018 for Windows rev 944.1211 is available through automatic updates. Pricing starts at $59.95 for Standard Edition. This update is free for all previous SoftMaker Office 2018 users. SoftMaker Office 2016 or older, Kingsoft Office, BinaryNow Office, OfficeSuite or 602PC SUITE users qualify for an upgrade discount. The list of new feature additions and bug fixes are as follows:
- Fixed the issue with launching any SoftMaker Office applications when the Documents\SoftMaker folder was set to “hidden”.
- Fixed SoftMaker Office crashing during start-up when incompatible data is in the clipboard.
- Fixed issue with Open file dialog box when the previous path was on a network and is no longer accessible.
- Fixed installation issue on Brazilian systems, the setup program started in European Portuguese.
- Fix installation issue when a very small number of computers refused to give the MSI setup administrative privileges, resulting in the error message “Could not access network location \inst\mydoc\Bullets” and an aborted installation.
- Improved display of numbered lists.
- Some improvements to footnote handling.
- Custom date formats are now preserved across sessions, no longer cause crashes.
- Bullets in documents created by TextMaker are now correctly displayed by Microsoft Word Online.
- In some cases, TextMaker recreated templates and sample files in an arbitrary document folder instead of My documents\SoftMaker.
- Keyboard input is no longer discarded while an auto-recovery file is created.
- A table that is longer than a page could hide a text frame on the following page.
- A broken math font could cause a crash in the rendering of equations.
- Images placed in the clipboard by Thunderbird using Data URIs now can be pasted in TextMaker.
- Character spacing is now saved correctly in DOCX and TMDX formats.
- New feature: You can now form a valid address from two INDIRECT calls using the “:” operator: =INDIRECT(…):INDIRECT(…)
- Improved thousands separator import from XLSX files.
- PDF files can be now renamed in the Open file dialog box.
- The function IFERROR is now stored in XLSX files in a way that is compatible with Apache POI.
- Dates from a date filter in pivot tables were displayed as numbers instead of dates.
- XLSX files with invalid tables (created by LibreOffice) no longer cause a crash.
- Custom vertical positions of bullets are now saved in PPTX and PRDX formats.
By default, SoftMaker Office 2018 for Windows keeps itself up-to-date by automatically downloading service packs. If you have not installed the automatic update tool or simply want to know if your version of SoftMaker Office is current, you can also check for updates manually.
Start one of its applications, click on the “?” icon in the ribbon and choose the command Check for updates. If you are running SoftMaker Office in classic mode with menus, choose the command Help > Check for updates.
Learn more and download trial of SoftMaker Office here.
- SoftMaker Office 2018 rev 946.0211 has been released
- SoftMaker Office 2018 rev 962.0418 has been released
- SoftMaker Office 2018 rev 933.0620 has been released
- SoftMaker Office 2018 rev 938.1002 has been released
- SoftMaker Office 2018 rev 960.0408 (Anniversary Update) has been released
Tags: 942, 944, auto update, changelog, list of changes, release notes, revision, revision 942, revision 944, service pack, service pack 944, servicepacks, SoftMaker Office, SOftmaker Office Professional, SoftMaker Office Professional 2018, Softmaker Office Standard, Softmaker Office Standard 2018, update, upgrade