SoftMaker Office 2018 for Windows rev 938.1002 is available through automatic updates. Pricing starts at $59.95 for Standard Edition. This update is free for all previous SoftMaker Office 2018 users. SoftMaker Office 2016 or older, Kingsoft Office, BinaryNow Office, OfficeSuite or 602PC SUITE users qualify for an upgrade discount. The list of new feature additions and bug fixes are as follows:
- New feature: You can now assign hotkeys to show and hide the sidebar.
- New feature: SoftMaker Office is now compatible with 4-way mouse, which supports horizontal scrolling with the mousewheel.
- New feature: You can now paste images from viewers like ACDSee into your documents.
- New feature: The dialog box Manage license… now supports use of SoftMaker Office NX Home or Universal license.
- New feature: The keyboard shortcuts Ctrl+K opens the Hyperlink dialog.
- New feature: If you snap a SoftMaker Office application window to the left or right border on your monitor and exit the application, this position will now be restored when you start the application again.
- Improve the error message dialog with solution explanation when incorrect path for backup files was set.
- Improved look of messagebox icons in dark mode.
- In dark mode, hyperlinks in dialog boxes are now shown with a lighter, more readable color.
- The command View side by side is now only available if at least two documents have been opened.
- Fixed crashes with certain Hunspell dictionaries.
- New feature: When you insert an image in a table cell, the cell is now vertically resized to fit in the image.
- Improvements to the RTF, DOCX, DOC and OpenDocument filters.
- Bookmarks are preserved when saving in DOCX and TMDX format.
- The Duden Korrektor tooltips sometimes did not disappear when switching to another application.
- Some .tmd files created by TextMaker 2006 could not be opened by the 64-bit version of TextMaker 2018.
- The functions “Text rotation” and “Vertical alignment” were not available from the ribbon for text frames.
- TextMaker now remembers that you chose the Hunspell dictionary for the old German spelling.
- XLSX files from nationalpooling.com can now be opened in PlanMaker.
- Fix the More… command in the Animations dropdown that did not add animations before.
By default, SoftMaker Office 2018 for Windows keeps itself up-to-date by automatically downloading service packs. If you have not installed the automatic update tool or simply want to know if your version of SoftMaker Office is current, you can also check for updates manually.
Start one of its applications, click on the “?” icon in the ribbon and choose the command Check for updates. If you are running SoftMaker Office in classic mode with menus, choose the command Help > Check for updates.
- SoftMaker Office 2018 rev 946.0211 has been released
- SoftMaker Office 2018 rev 933.0620 has been released
- SoftMaker Office 2018 rev 931.0518 has been released
- SoftMaker Office 2018 rev 944.1211 has been released
- SoftMaker Office 2018 rev 928.0314 has been released
Tags: 936, 938, auto update, revision, revision 938, service pack, service pack 938, SoftMaker Office, SoftMaker Office 2018, softmaker office 938, SOftmaker Office Professional, Softmaker Office Standard, update, upgrade