SoftMaker Office 2018 for Windows rev 933.0620 is available through automatic updates. Pricing starts at $59.95 for Standard Edition. This update is free for all previous SoftMaker Office 2018 users. SoftMaker Office 2016 or older, Kingsoft Office, BinaryNow Office, OfficeSuite or 602PC SUITE users qualify for an upgrade discount. The list of new feature additions and bug fixes are as follows:
- New feature: The dialog box Manage license now shows what variant of SoftMaker Office 2018 (Standard, Professional, etc.) is currently running.
- New feature: The File | Open dropdown now has an additional entry at the bottom that lets you browse for documents.
- The SoftMaker Office applications can no longer be closed when a dialog box is open.
- Fixed the lost of the Windows taskbar when going to full-screen mode.
- Fix: Microsoft Windows Starting with build 17134 of Windows 10, the taskbar could become invisible when it was set to auto-hide and SoftMaker Office was running with colorful ribbons and maximized windows.
- New feature: It is now possible to open password-protected DOCX files with modified password protection (custom values for SHA and the CNG salt).
- New feature: The command “Convert Thunderbird address book” is now also available on the ribbon.
- New feature: You can now see all Duden Korrektor proofing options in File | Options | Language.
- New feature: With extended support for Arabic turned on, icons for changing the writing direction are automatically added to the ribbon.
- The TMDX file format can now save language codes for German using the old (pre-1996) spelling.
- In certain situations, Duden Korrektor did not read all words from the user dictionary before starting a spell check.
- In certain situations, text frames could be dropped when saving in TMDX format.
- In some cases, the order of digits in Arabic text was reversed.
- The baseline of form controls now aligns with the surrounding text.
- TextMaker now launches faster because of improvements to how Duden Korrektor is initialized.
- Certain foreign words are no longer flagged as “foreign” by Duden Korrektor.
- Typing delays with Duden Korrektor are fixed.
- Section breaks were sometimes lost when saving to TMDX format.
- Improved EPUB export.
- In certain situations, saving in TMDX or DOCX format removed the connection between footnote numbers and footnote text.
- Negative offsets for shadows in charts are now preserved.
- The icons for increasing/decreasing the number of decimal places are now swapped.
- The Restore layout command now also restores footer placeholders.
- If footer placeholders are removed from the main master, they will also not be created in the layouts.
By default, SoftMaker Office 2018 for Windows keeps itself up-to-date by automatically downloading service packs. If you have not installed the automatic update tool or simply want to know if your version of SoftMaker Office is current, you can also check for updates manually.
Start one of its applications, click on the “?” icon in the ribbon and choose the command Check for updates. If you are running SoftMaker Office in classic mode with menus, choose the command Help > Check for updates.
- SoftMaker Office 2018 rev 931.0518 has been released
- SoftMaker Office 2018 rev 938.1002 has been released
- SoftMaker Office 2018 rev 946.0211 has been released
- SoftMaker Office 2018 rev 928.0314 has been released
- SoftMaker Office 2018 rev 944.1211 has been released
Tags: 933, auto update, revision 933, service pack, service pack 933, SoftMaker Office, SoftMaker Office 2018, softmaker office 933, softmaker office for windows, SOftmaker Office Professional, SoftMaker Office Professional 2018, Softmaker Office Standard, Softmaker Office Standard 2018, update, upgrade