SoftMaker Office 2018 rev 928.0314 is available through automatic updates. Pricing starts at $59.95 for Standard Edition. This update is free for all previous SoftMaker Office 2018 users. SoftMaker Office 2016 or older, Kingsoft Office, BinaryNow Office or 602PC SUITE users qualify for an upgrade discount. The list of new feature additions and bug fixes are as follows:
- With the French user interface, the Open file dialog box now shows documents when “All documents” is selected.
- In full-screen mode, the font and font size dropdown lists did not always work.
- When you save a file, you can now use dots in the file name without SoftMaker Office complaining that the file extension does not match the file type.
- Feature: The software now shows a dialog box after a service pack has been installed automatically.
- In DOCX and TMDX file formats, dropdown lists now keep their name.
- Underlining in text fields is now painted at the correct position.
- Changing the font size no longer removes double strikethrough.
- Custom values for the position and size of subscripted and superscripted text are now stored in TMDX format.
- The footnote separator line is now thinner by default.
- Custom values for the thickness of the footnote separator line are now stored in TMDX format.
- The New document dialog box now shows the document description also for TMVX, DOTX, DOT and OTT templates.
- Numbering lists with skipped numbering are now correctly stored in TMDX format.
- Editing a numbering list could cause a crash in certain situations.
- Custom chapter numbers are now stored in TMDX format.
- The Open file dialog box did not appear with the Latvian user interface.
- The New document dialog box now shows the document description also for PMVX and XLTX templates.
- You can no longer use table names for cell ranges in the Input validation dialog box because Excel cannot handle this.
- Feature: You can now apply Freeze top row after Freeze first column, and vice-versa, without one deactivating the other.
- In cells formatted as “Percentage”, the % sign is not added to your input when it starts =, + or –.
- The New document dialog box now shows the document description also for PRV, POT, PRVX and POTX files.
- Elbow connectors could get detached when saving in PRDX or PPTX formats.
- PPT import sometimes added borders around text frames.
- Grouping and ungrouping objects works again.
- Pressing Ctrl+Back now deletes the word to the left of the cursor, instead of just selecting it.
- BasicMaker now re-uses the variable window when it is already open.
By default, SoftMaker Office 2018 for Windows keeps itself up-to-date by automatically downloading service packs. If you have not installed the automatic update tool or simply want to know if your version of SoftMaker Office is current, you can also check for updates manually.
Start one of its applications, click on the “?” icon in the ribbon and choose the command Check for updates. If you are running SoftMaker Office in classic mode with menus, choose the command Help > Check for updates.
- SoftMaker Office 2018 rev 931.0518 has been released
- Save $10 on SoftMaker Office 2018 with this coupon code this month
- Switching ribbon and classic menu toolbar interface in SoftMaker Office 2018
- SoftMaker FreeOffice comparison with SoftMaker Office 2018
- c’t Magazine Review of SoftMaker Office 2018
Tags: 928, auto update, Service pack 928, SoftMaker Office, SoftMaker Office 2018, SOftmaker Office Professional, SoftMaker Office Professional 2018, Softmaker Office Standard, Softmaker Office Standard 2018, update, upgrade