If you want to carry BinaryNow Office and all documents with you, you can install BinaryNow Office into a USB flash drive. You can then run BinaryNow Office applications from the USB flash drive on any Windows-based computer (e.g. borrowed or public computer). Once you unplug the USB flash drive, no trace of BinaryNow Office is left behind on such PC. Typical installation on USB drive is only 172 MB small and includes all three applications. Running applications from USB drive is faster, portable and provides easier data recovery in the case when your hard drive failed.
Here’s how it works:
- Install BinaryNow Office on your regular PC’s built-in hard drive. This lets you work with BinaryNow Office in the regular way, even without a USB flash drive.
- Go to BinaryNow Office program group and click on Install BinaryNow Office on a USB stick. (“C:\Program Files (x86)\BinaryNow Office\usbstick.exe”)
- Follow the prompts, and the program copies the complete BinaryNow Office folder and My Documents\SoftMaker folder to your USB flash drive.
Your USB flash drive will contains a fully functional copy of BinaryNow Office which does not register itself in Windows registry database, in addition to all of your documents and configuration files.
What does “Install BinaryNow Office on a USB stick” (usbstick.exe) exactly do?
It determines the folder in which BinaryNow Office is installed, and copies the complete folder to the USB flash drive. Then it copies the complete folder “My Documents\SoftMaker” into BinaryNow Office folder on USB flash drive. Files that already exist on the USB flash drive will be replaced only if newer files are located on hard drive. As a last step, program creates a file named portable.txt in the BinaryNow Office folder. This “marker file” causes BinaryNow Office not to install itself in the Windows Registry or the Start menu.
You can download trial of BinaryNow Office here.
- BinaryNow Offers Affordable Office Suite Software for Home Office and Enterprise
- BinaryNow Office: An alternative to Microsoft Office with native PDF export
- BinaryNow Office can open and save Microsoft Office Open XML (.DOCX, .XLSX, and ...
- BinaryNow Office revision 695 has been released
- BinaryNow Releases Kingsoft Office 2010: An Affordable Alternative to Microsoft ...