IBM is banning all employees from using Microsoft Office, and requiring them to use its own version of Open Office, Lotus Symphony. This ban prohibits employees from using any Microsoft Office software.
Here is an excerpt from the original story:
Reports in the German newspaper Handelsblatt, say that IBM employees have 10 days to comply. If IBM employees really want to continue using Microsoft Office after that they will have to get their manager’s approval.
- Market Update: Office Productivity Alternatives by Forrester Research.
- Microsoft doesn’t want you to buy Office 2019, so try SoftMaker Office
- Alternative to Microsoft Office 2019 for Home and Business, Microsoft 365 Person...
- Kingsoft Office, an alternative to Microsoft Office, is now used in over 340 edu...
- Microsoft Office 2019 price increase alert!
Tags: alternative, press
ban microsoft office (3), altervatives to microsoft office (1), ban microsoft (1), ban microsoft office 2007 (1), microsoft office alternatives (1)
September 19th, 2009 at 9:47 am
Oh Microsoft, what will happen with you?