According to this report and this blog on the web, IBM is banning all employees from using Microsoft Office, and requiring them to use its own version of Open Office, Lotus Symphony. This ban prohibits employees from using any Microsoft Office software.
Here is an excerpt from the original story:
Reports in the German newspaper Handelsblatt, say that IBM employees have 10 days to comply. If IBM employees really want to continue using Microsoft Office after that they will have to get their manager’s approval.
- Kingsoft Office 2009 replaces Microsoft Office at school
- Kingsoft Office Takes the Second Largest Market Share Next to Microsoft in Japan
- Kingsoft Office, an alternative to Microsoft Office, is now used in over 340 edu...
- Market Update: Office Productivity Alternatives by Forrester Research.
- Alternative to Microsoft Office 2019 for Home and Business, Office 365 for Home,...