Using the equation editor that comes with Kingsoft Office 2009, equations can be inserted into Kingsoft Writer, Kingsoft Spreadsheets, Kingsoft Presentation, or any application that supports OLE (Object Linking and Embedding). Although this article provides instructions pertaining to Kingsoft Writer, the procedures for inserting and editing equations in Kingsoft Spreadsheets are the same as for Kingsoft Presentation.
Inserting an Equation
- Open Kingsoft Writer.
- To insert an equation, choose Insert, then click Equation.
- A separate window will open, with the equation palettes on top.
- To exit and return to your document you may choose File/Exit and Return to (DocumentName); to update the document but remain in the equation editor you may choose File – Update.
Typing the Equation
To enter the equation, just start typing. All keyboard characters can be entered directly. Parentheses, brackets and braces can be entered from the keyboard, but these are fixed in size. Brackets that you want to grow must be selected from the appropriate template.
You can upgrade to the professional version of MathType Equation Editor from Design Science, here.
- Kingsoft Office 2009 Released
- Kingsoft Writer word processor includes an integrated Google Search toolbar for ...
- Kingsoft Office 2009 is compatible with Microsoft Office Open XML (OOXML) format...
- Kingsoft Office 2009 version 18.104.22.1686 Released
- Alternative to Microsoft Word: Kingsoft Writer can mail merge from Access (MDB) ...