TextMaker from SoftMaker Office 2021 can convert large Microsoft Word .RTF, .DOC and .DOCX files into smaller file size in Adobe PDF or PDF/A formats. The native PDF export function allows you to take large documents, export them to PDF, and save on storage space. PDF/A export allows you to make standardized documents for long term archiving. Read below to see how simple this feature is. Depending on how the document was created, and how the graphics were stored, a file size reduction of 80% can be achieved.
Adobe PDF Conversion
Open an existing document and convert pdf as follows:
- Launch TextMaker.
- Click File – Open, select the existing .RTF, .DOC, or .DOCX file and click Open.
- Now click the PDF export button on the toolbar.
- Go to the Preferences tab.
- To make the smallest file size, make sure you set up Quality for Low, use JPEG quality for Image Options and do not embed any fonts.
- Click OK to begin conversion.
File Size Comparison
Using the following example document file size reduction was 81% using 30% jpeg compression. Your results may vary depending on the document content and preferences options.
You can download trial of SoftMaker Office 2021 for Windows, Mac and Linux here.
- How to make Microsoft PowerPoint (PPT/PPTX) file size smaller using PDF conversi...
- Convert Microsoft Word (.DOC, .DOCX, .RTF) to Adobe PDF with reviewer notes, ann...
- SoftMaker Office 2021: An alternative to Microsoft Office with native PDF and PD...
- Use Kingsoft Office to convert a Microsoft Word document (RTF/DOC/DOCX) to PDF w...
- Change Windows file associations on .DOCX, .XLSX and .PPTX to SoftMaker Office 2...
Tags: 2018, 602PC SUITE, alternative office suite, BinaryNow Office, doc, docx, Encore Office Suite, Export to PDF, Export to PDF/A, Office Suite, pdf, pdf export, PDF Impress, PlanMaker, Presentations, rtf, softmaker, SoftMaker Office 2018, SoftMaker Office 2021, SoftMaker Office Professional 2018, SoftMaker Office Professional 2021, Softmaker Office Standard, SoftMaker Office Standard 2021, TextMaker