Kingsoft Writer can convert large Microsoft Word .RTF, .DOC and .DOCX files into smaller file size Adobe PDF. The native PDF export function allows you to take large documents, export them to PDF, and save on storage space. Read below to see how simple this feature is. Depending on how the document was created, and how the graphics were stored, a file size reduction of 80% can be achieved.
Adobe PDF Conversion
Open an existing document and export to PDF as follows:
- Launch Kingsoft Writer.
- Click File – Open, select the existing .RTF, .DOC, or .DOCX file and click Open.
- Now click the Export to PDF button on the toolbar.
- Click the More button.
- To make the smallest file size, make sure you disable all Export options.
- Click OK to begin conversion.
File Size Comparison
Using the following example documents the maximum saving was 1.5 MB. Your results may vary, but the below documents were found in the wild using the Google filetype search term (e.g. filetype:rtf).
- How to make Microsoft PowerPoint (PPT/PPTX) file size smaller using PDF conversi...
- Convert Microsoft Word (.DOC, .DOCX, .RTF) to Adobe PDF with reviewer notes, ann...
- Use Kingsoft Office to convert a Microsoft Word document (RTF/DOC/DOCX) to PDF w...
- Kingsoft Spreadsheets can convert a Microsoft Excel workbook (XLS/XLSX/CSV/DBF) ...
- Kingsoft Presentation can convert Microsoft PowerPoint (PPT/PPS/POT) to Adobe PD...