Administrators can use administrative templates to distribute SoftMaker Office Professional 2021 settings via group policies to computers in a network. When such a setting is made centrally, users can no longer change it on their own. Administrative templates can also be used to distribute a product key, instead of manually entering it on each computer.
The following describes using administrative templates on a local PC. The templates are also compatible with system-management software such as Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager (MECM) formerly Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) or Systems Management Server (SMS). You need Windows 7 or higher to use the SoftMaker administrative templates.
- Download the Administrative Templates for SoftMaker Office Professional 2021 and unpack them.
- Place the file softmaker.admx in %windir%\PolicyDefinitions.
- Place the file softmaker.adml in %windir%\PolicyDefinitions\en-US (replace en-US with the language code of your system).
- Run gpedit.msc.
- You can now find the SoftMaker Office Professional settings in Local Computer Policy > Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > SoftMaker and in Local Computer Policy > User Configuration > Administrative Templates > SoftMaker:
- Settings made in Computer Configuration are for all users of the computer.
- Settings made in User Configuration are for the logged-in user.
- Click to open one of the SoftMaker branches.
- Next, click on the application whose settings you want to change.
- You will now see the application settings that are available for configuration. Double-click on a setting to edit it. There are three choices:
- Not configured: The setting is not made. Users can configure it inside SoftMaker Office Professional.
- Enabled: The setting is set to “On”, and users can no longer change it in SoftMaker Office Professional.
- Disabled: The setting is set to “Off”, and users can no longer change it in SoftMaker Office Professional.
For some settings, additional choices are displayed in the dialog box. Set them as needed.
Note: Starting in version 1910, Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) is part of Microsoft Endpoint Manager and was rebranded as Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager (MECM).
You can also install SoftMaker Office 2021 for Windows across your network using your favorite software deployment tool using these deployment instructions.
Learn more about SoftMaker Office 2021 from : https://alternative2office.org/softmaker-office/
- Configuring SoftMaker Office Professional 2018 with administrative templates usi...
- SoftMaker Office 2021 for Windows download and installation guide
- SoftMaker Office Professional 2021 Corporate license provides an alternative to ...
- Best work from home tools start with SoftMaker Office 2021
- SoftMaker FreeOffice comparison with SoftMaker Office 2021