SoftMaker Office 2021 installation can change default file association and default save file formats. You can assign SoftMaker Office TextMaker to Microsoft .DOC, .DOCX and .RTF, SoftMaker Office PlanMaker to .XLS, .XLSX, and SoftMaker Office Presentation to .PPT, .PPTX. This will allow you to double-click files in Windows File Explorer and they will launch in the appropriate SoftMaker Office 2021 application. Read below to see how this works.
Change default file association and save formats
The SoftMaker Office Options allows you configure file associations. Do the following to make SoftMaker Office open .DOCX / .XLSX / .PPTX files by default:
- Launch the TextMaker (or PlanMaker or Presentations).
- Go to menu File, then Options on toolbar.
- Click on System.
- Click on Associate file types… button and you will be directed to Settings of Default App.
- Follow your operating system help to set your file associations.
See SoftMaker Office 2021 icons in File Explorer
You will now be able to double-click Microsoft Office files from File Explorer and the appropriate SoftMaker Office 2021 application will be launched.
Learn more and download trial of SoftMaker Office 2021 here.
- Change SoftMaker Office 2021 default file association and file formats to Micros...
- SoftMaker Office 2021 PlanMaker can secure an Excel spreadsheet (.XLSX) with str...
- BinaryNow Renew Product Portfolio with SoftMaker Office 2021 for Windows, Mac an...
- SoftMaker Office 2021 for Windows download and installation guide
- SoftMaker Office 2021 can open and save Microsoft Office 2019 Open XML (.DOCX, ....
Tags: associate file types, Default apps, file association, file types, microsoft office, SoftMaker Office, SoftMaker Office 2018, SoftMaker Office 2021, SoftMaker Office Professional 2021, SoftMaker Office Standard 2021, text maker, TextMaker