Note: Kingsoft Office was replaced by SoftMaker Office 2018.
Kingsoft Office includes a configuration utility that can easily change Windows file associations. From this application you can assign Kingsoft Writer to Microsoft .DOCX, Kingsoft Spreadsheets to .XLSX, and Kingsoft Presentation to .PPTX. This will allow you to double-click files in Windows Explorer and they will launch in the appropriate Kingsoft Office application. Read below to see how this works.
Change Windows File Associations
The Kingsoft Office Configuration Tool application allows you configure file associations. Do the following to make Kingsoft Office open .DOCX / .XLSX / .PPTX files by default:
- Open the Kingsoft Office program group.
- Launch the Kingsoft Office Configuration Tools applications.
- Click Advanced.
- Click the File Associations tab and make sure all options are enabled (see screenshot below).
- Click OK.
See Kingsoft Office Icons in Windows Explorer
You will now be able to double-click Microsoft Office Open XML files from Windows Explorer and the appropriate Kingsoft Office application will be launched.
- Change SoftMaker Office default file association and file formats to Microsoft O...
- Kingsoft Office 2009 is compatible with Microsoft Office Open XML (OOXML) format...
- SoftMaker Office can open and save Microsoft Office Open XML (.DOCX, .XLSX, and ...
- How to make Microsoft Word (RTF/DOC/DOCX) file size smaller using Adobe PDF conv...
- Kingsoft Office 2009 Professional document compatibility with Microsoft