SoftMaker Office 2021 installation can change default file association and default save file formats. You can assign SoftMaker Office TextMaker to Microsoft .DOC, .DOCX and .RTF, SoftMaker Office PlanMaker to .XLS, .XLSX, and SoftMaker Office Presentation to .PPT, .PPTX. This will allow you to double-click files in File Explorer and they will launch in the appropriate SoftMaker Office application. Read below to see how this works.
Change default file association and save formats
The SoftMaker Office 2021 Install allows you configure file association and default save formats. Simply pick “Associate Microsoft Office files (.DOCX, .XLSX, .PPTX, etc.) with SoftMaker Office” under File types (see screenshot below). If your SoftMaker Office 2021 is already installed, do the following to enable default SoftMaker Office open/save access to .DOCX/.RTF/.XLSX/.PPTX files:
- Launch the TextMaker.
- Go to menu File, then Options on toolbar.
- Click on System.
- Click on Associate file types… button and you will be directed to Settings of Default App.
- Follow your operating system help to set your file associations.
See SoftMaker Office 2021 icons in File Explorer
You will now be able to double-click Microsoft Office files from File Explorer and the appropriate SoftMaker Office 2021 application will be launched.
Learn more and download trial of SoftMaker Office 2021 here.
- Change Windows file associations on .DOCX, .XLSX and .PPTX to SoftMaker Office 2...
- SoftMaker Office 2021: An alternative to Microsoft Office with native PDF and PD...
- SoftMaker Office 2021 can open and save Microsoft Office 2019 Open XML (.DOCX, ....
- Microsoft Office 2019 vs SoftMaker Office 2021 pricing for personal use
- Microsoft Office 2019 vs SoftMaker Office 2021 pricing for Small Business
Tags: associate file types, Default apps, docx, file association, file explorer, file types, LibreOffice, microsoft office, Microsoft Office formats, odt, ott, pptx, Settings, softmaker, SoftMaker Office, SoftMaker Office 2021, windows explorer, xlsx