SoftMaker Office installation can change default file association and default save file formats. You can assign SoftMaker Office TextMaker to Microsoft .DOC, .DOCX and .RTF, SoftMaker Office PlanMaker to .XLS, .XLSX, and SoftMaker Office Presentation to .PPT, .PPTX. This will allow you to double-click files in Windows Explorer and they will launch in the appropriate SoftMaker Office application. Read below to see how this works.
Change default file association and save formats
The SoftMaker Office Install allows you configure file association and default save formats. Simply pick “Associate Microsoft Office files (.DOCX, .XLSX, .PPTX, etc.) with SoftMaker Office” under File types (see screenshot below). If your SoftMaker Office is already installed, do the following to enable SoftMaker Office open/save access to .DOCX/.RTF/.XLSX/.PPTX files:
- Launch the TextMaker.
- Go to menu File, then Options on toolbar.
- Click on System.
- Click on Associate file types… button and you will be directed to Settings of Default App.
- Follow your operating system help to set your file associations.
See SoftMaker Office icons in Windows Explorer
You will now be able to double-click Microsoft Office files from Windows Explorer and the appropriate SoftMaker Office application will be launched.
Learn more and download trial of SoftMaker Office here.
- Change Windows file associations on .DOCX, .XLSX and .PPTX to SoftMaker Office
- SoftMaker Office can open and save Microsoft Office 2019 Open XML (.DOCX, .XLSX,...
- SoftMaker Office: An alternative to Microsoft Office with native PDF export
- Kingsoft Office 2009 is compatible with Microsoft Office Open XML (OOXML) format...
- Microsoft Office 2019 vs SoftMaker Office pricing for Small Business