Kingsoft announced that it has teamed up with Taobao and Alipay, two well-known online shopping platforms, as well as the Maxthon browser, one of the most popular web browsers in China, to form the first Chinese safe online shopping platform. This partnership will further strengthen the Kingsoft Internet Security product by providing more malware sources.
Here is an excerpt from the original article:
Since its release at the end of November, Kingsoft WebShield 3.0 has had over ten million installations. Kingsoft WebShield and Alipay will mutually share the database of fraudulent websites. Alipay will send the list of fraudulent websites, provided by users or automatically detected by system, to Kingsoft WebShield. Kingsoft WebShield will also send its latest list to Alipay on a daily basis. As such, both parties can guard against fraudulent websites swiftly. These two lines of defence enormously strengthened the security of online shopping without affecting website browsing.
- Now accepting Alipay from China and WebMoney from Russia, Ukraine and Belarus
- Kingsoft report states three million new viruses detected in October 2009
- Kingsoft joins the Virus Information Alliance (VIA)
- New features in Kingsoft Internet Security 9 Plus
- Kingsoft Internet Security 9 Plus earns 4 star review from CNET Download.com