Kingsoft announced that it has joined the Virus Information Alliance (VIA), a group led by software heavyweight Microsoft, becoming the first Chinese software developer in the alliance. Below is an excerpt from the article:
Jointly participated by Microsoft and internationally renowned anti-virus companies (including Trends and Symantec, etc.), VIA is a professional platform aimed at enhancement of computer security. Kingsoft and 17 leading anti-virus companies in VIA will share information on computer viruses, and Microsoft’s updates on vulnerabilities. If there is a severe outbreak of computer virus, VIA ‘s real-time communications platform will operate. Alliance members can mutually share the latest analysis of the virus, such as distribution cope, frequency, target users and method of each attack incident, to immediately help users from infection.
You can read the entire article here.
- Kingsoft Anti-virus Software Wins Major Awards
- Kingsoft Internet Security becomes first Chinese made anti-virus software to pas...
- Kingsoft passes Virus Bulletin’s test, but Symantec and 11 others fail
- Kingsoft Office Takes the Second Largest Market Share Next to Microsoft in Japan
- Kingsoft teams up with Taobao, Alipay and Maxthon to form safe online shopping p...