AV-Comparatives has completed testing of Kingsoft Internet Security 9 Plus for their Performance Test in December 2009. The focus of this test was on the system performance impact of the real-time on-access components of the security software. The complete results can be found here.
The test was performed on a clean Windows XP Professional SP3 system with defragmented disks. They repeated each test several times and averaged the results. In several cases they ran the test and then ran the same test again, to handle programs that learn and therefore run more quickly after the first time.
Here are the performance results opening files:
Here are the certification star ratings:
|AVIRA AntiVir Premium 9.0||199||★★★|
|Kingsoft Antivirus 9 Plus||196||★★★|
|F-Secure Anti-Virus 2010||195||★★★|
|Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2010||193||★★★|
|Sophos Anti-Virus 9.0.1||193||★★★|
|Microsoft Security Essentials 1.0||190||★★★|
|avast! Free 5.0||188||★★★|
|Symantec Norton AntiVirus 2010||188||★★★|
|ESET NOD32 Antivirus 4.0||183||★★★|
|McAfee VirusScan Plus 2010||174||★★★|
|Norman Antivirus & AntiSpyware 7.30||169||★★|
|AVG Anti-Virus 9.0||164||★★|
|BitDefender Antivirus 2010||154||★★|
|G DATA AntiVirus 2010||152||★★|
|eScan AntiVirus 10.0||137||★|
|Trustport Antivirus 2010||125||★|
- Kingsoft Internet Security passes AV-Comparatives Potentially Unwanted Applicati...
- Kingsoft Internet Security becomes first Chinese made anti-virus software to pas...
- Kingsoft Internet Security tested in malware removal test by AV-Comparatives
- Kingsoft confirmed participant for 2010 AV-Comparatives tests
- Kingsoft Internet Security wins standard certification from PC Security Labs in ...