AV-Comparatives has completed testing of Kingsoft Internet Security for their Retrospective/Proactive Test in November 2009. The focus of this test was on the proactive detection capabilities of the products.
AV-Comparatives used two sets of malware: Set A, which contains malware signatures found from December 2007 to December 2008 (of which most products could detect over 97 percent), and Set B, which contains malware from the last seven months (1.6 million samples). The set included the following categories of malware: Trojans (69.5 percent), Backdoors/Bots (20.7 percent), Worms (6.1 percent), other malware (1.5 percent), and Windows viruses (0.4 percent).
Below is the results from the November 2009 test:
- Kingsoft Internet Security passes AV-Comparatives Potentially Unwanted Applicati...
- Kingsoft Internet Security gains ADVANCED+ rating from AV-Comparatives December ...
- Kingsoft Internet Security tested in malware removal test by AV-Comparatives
- Kingsoft Internet Security becomes first Chinese made anti-virus software to pas...
- Kingsoft report states three million new viruses detected in October 2009
Tags: av-comparatives, press, review
Retrospective/Proactive Test (2), proactive results (1), malware categories (1), EXAMPLES OF THE DIFFERENT PERCENTAGE OF WINDOW TESTING (1), av-comparatives proactive (1)